Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Easy Triple Berry Lemon Trifle

I was trying to think of an easy dessert that was light but full of flavor. June is perfect for berries and I love lemon flavored treats, so I came up with this recipe. Feel free to tweak it for your flavor preferences.
1 package of pound cake (or angle food cake works too)
2 (8 oz) containers of Noosa Lemon Yogurt
1 (16 oz) containers of frozen whip cream
2-3 pints of favorite berries

For presentation, a trifle bowl works best.
Dice the cake into about 1 inch cubes.
Dice strawberries into similar size.
Mix the Noosa yogurt with about 2/3 of the whip cream, set the rest aside.
Start with layer of cake, then a layer of berries, and then a layer of yogurt mixture
Repeat with a second layer and then start the third layer, but top the final layer with the remaining whipped cream that is not flavored. I like the top layer to be a little lighter, that is why I don't mix it all with the yogurt.


1 comment: