Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ready to get back to school...

I usually don't post about my classroom but I am super stoked about a couple of things! My position is an interventionist for first and third graders. I teach reading and math at various levels.
First my student display wall. My classroom is very bright and mostly in an owl theme. I wanted to create a display wall for student work using these owl clothespins/clips I found at World Market but they only had one 6 pack so I needed a new idea... My third graders are obsessed with mustaches, and while at World Market, I found mustache clothespin/clips. (They are meant for clipping gift tags to gift bags)
The Wall - Mustache Theme 
Fan "STACHE" tic Work
 
Close up of the mustache clips
My next fave is the board just outside of my classroom that greets the kids and any visitors that come by our room.
Next is my owl board to display STAR WORK, I had to use those owl clothespin/clips even though there were only 6. The focus of this wall is to showcase work where students show their best work! I change this board weekly. The kid have bragged to their home room teachers when I put their work up, so I think it helps to make them feel special.

My Word Wall for the first grade Sight Words.
Reading Boards-I teach two different grade levels and they need to use different resources. Some posters will stay all year where as others will focus on a skill we are working on at the time.
1st Grade
3rd Grade
Learning Targets
I was having the hardest time posting my learning targets so I found a board similar to this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. 

You will notice the at the bottom a sign that says "Paper Jail" that is where my no name papers end up and if not "bailed out" they will be tossed out.

Other classroom shots...












No comments:

Post a Comment