Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Oh my, PUMPKIN BEER!

Fall is here!

Colors changing...






Fall is my favorite time of year! I love the cool days, the random warm days, and the slower pace of life at home. A couple of my favorite things about fall are things that I could enjoy year around so I really appreciate now.

Pumpkin inspired goodness! 
Human Bean's Pumpkin Spice Lattes (actually can get year around)
International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer (love this! I have even made french toast with it!)
My Favorite....
Pumpkin Inspired Beers!!!

So, my husband introduced me to pumpkin beer a couple of years ago and I instantly became a fan.

Last year, I decided I wanted to try the various versions that breweries had developed. (My friends must have realized this because one day I came home and found a gift on my front porch...thank you Beer Fairy!)

This year, I decided to continue to try as many pumpkin brews that I could find from traditional to ciders to the specialty bombers. Eventually, I figured that I need to develop a favorite one for the years to come, and decided I needed to make notes...so I am sharing my personal opinion to what I have tried. I have planned to break down the reviews in categories of 6 packs, bombers under $12, and bombers over $12. 

If you have a favorite that I did not cover, leave me a comment.

My ultimate favorite is (stocking up on this one!)
Shipyard Brewery - Pumpkinhead

Let's get started...this was my inspiration when I opened my fridge and saw a random selection of seasonal yumminess!! 



6 Pack Category $7.99 to $10.99
Brewery
Blue Moon
Wynnkoop - my least favorite
Uinta
Shipyard -Pumpkinhead *favorite*
Shipyard-Smashed Pumpkin
Shocktop - good intro beer, not too spicey or heavy
Tommyknocker 
New Belgium-pumpkick 

Specialty Bombers $10 or more
Brewery
Rogue-Pumpkin Patch
Avery
Shipyard
Samuel Adams-Fat Jack-easy drinking beer, spices are evident but not too strong.
Souther Tier - Pumking *favorite bomber-This beer has a well balanced pumpkin pie flavor, almost a creamy finish 

If you like ciders, Ace has a nice, mellow spice to it.

More beers...
New one I just found this weekend-
Cambridge Brewing Company-
Overall a well balanced pumpkin beer. Cloudy, amber color. Made with sweet pumpkins which is a prominent flavor in this beer. Not to spicy but definitely pumpkin!
















No comments:

Post a Comment